JULY LIFE BITES NEWS
PUBLISHER'S LETTER 2019
Dear Life Bites News Readers,
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY and we hope you are enjoying your summer with family and friends.
Our Chef/hotel offers some travel 'must do's and includes Hotel Hassler updates. Culinary Coup shares the dedication to total health being imlemented in the Coin & Candor Restaurant in the Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, with hints on their amazing spa. Happy Birthday to the Hofsa House in Carmel on their 72nd Birthay. See new hotel opening information and updates on some 'grand dames' in Beverly Hills.
Sips is featuring some great wine news on new mocktail craze that's happening in LA area, including recipes from area cocktail stars. Also, wonderful teas to enjoy hot or cold during the summer with total good health in mind.
SYV Polo Classic 8th Annual Success
Look for fun report on 8th Annual SYV Polo Classic charity event featuring star chefs, wineries, auction and great polo in Culinalry Coup. Our BookBites has some fabulous take-along books for reading on the plane. "Wheels" New flight from Tel Ivivto Las Vegas anounced for Junes. TWA Hotel gets nod from media on outstanding design and great use of former sturcture.
"Taste of Lugano in LA"
SB Association for Women in Communication share their strength at Spring Mixer at Santa Barbara Wine Collective in the Funk Zone with speakers, introductions, Lucky Penny Pizza and great local wines, including Fess Parker Family wines.
Switzerland presents "Taste of Lugano in L.A." featuring authentic dishes from Lugano chef and Four Seasons Los Angeles Team with news on exciting events and activities for 2019 in this region.
Coin & Candor 'To Your Health' Dinners
Look for great stories featuring best bets for dinner in Solvang and best new plant based recipes for lunch in Santa Barbara. Mocktail favorites that are becomming the chic way to entertain and new delish tea favorites for good health. Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village dedication to good health on all levels brings patrons of Coin & Candor amazing recipes totally dedicated to good health using farm to table ethics.
Pray for peace. Pray for America. Pray for those leading our Country and all the men and women in our armed forces fighting in foreign lands!
Happy Birthday to my daughter Mary (July 12), my darling grandson Leo (July 15), my Knight Dartaian (July 13), and my adorable GG Nolan (July 2) . . . you are all wonderful and I love you so much!
Bonnie Carroll, Publisher/Editor
4th of July Healthy Egg-cellent Breakfast Quesadilla courtesy of Pritikin Longevity Center
- 1 cup diced assorted vegetables (the more colors the better!)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole-wheat, low-sodium lavash thin bread
- 3 Tablespoons shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo (no salt added) or no-salt-added salsa (such as Enricos brand)
- In a medium nonstick skillet, saute vegetables until beginning to brown. Add egg whites and scramble. Season with black pepper.
- On a warm griddle or flat-top grill, place lavash thin bread and let the side facing the heat get hot.
- Turn the bread over on the griddle or grill, and sprinkle the cheese on top side.
- On half of the top side, spread the vegetable scramble and cilantro.
- When the cheese begins to melt, fold the thin bread in half to cover the vegetables. Press firmly, using a tool like a large firm spatula or bottom of a pan. Flip on the other side, grill for about 2 minutes, and press.
- Remove from heat. Cut quesadilla into four pieces. Serve two pieces per person with fat-free sour cream and salsa on the side.
Summer Mocktails from the Outpost at the Goodlands
Sips has some refreshing non-alcoholic cocktail ideas from Outpost at the Goodlands in Goleta, California; another unique and beautiful bar by Kimpton Hotels.
Fresh watermelon, tomato water, basil, smoked chipotle agve, seedlip, with tajin-rim Cocktail
LIFE BITES NEWS . . . Who We Are
LBN Staff 2018
Bonnie Carroll, Publisher/Editor
Rosalie Frances, Contributor, tolifebites.com
Mary Hilton, Content Contributor/Marketing Director
Cody Hilton, Teen Times Columnist
Natasha Melikoff, Montreal Canada Reporter
Mike OConnell, Photo/Video Director/Contributor
Isabella D'Angelo, Rome Correspondent
Additional contributing writers are included on an individual issue basis. Please contact the editor with questions regarding journalist assignments. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Creator: Cyberindustries.com
2115 De La Vina Street, Ste 31
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Email contact preferred please