JULY 2017 LIFE BITES NEWS
Dear Life Bites News Readers,
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY and we hope you are enjoying your summer with family and friends.
Our hotel feature this month is on the Hofsas House in beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea, where charm, history and attention to guest comfort has been paramount for 70 years. The Carmel community has everything for sport enthusiasts, art lovers and gourmonds of food and wine.
Sips has some great wine festival news, including the Central Coast Wine Classic 2017 announcement and coverage of the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History 30th Wine & Food Festival in Santa Barbara.. Culinary Coup is full of great food news. Look for film, food & wine events to enjoy around the world.
Food & Wine Festival SBMNH 2017
Our BookBites has some fabulous take-along books for reading on the plane.
We are adding a new feature "By Air" on air travel in the "Wheels" section giving special kudos to Airlines providing great service to travelers. KLM from LAX to Amsterdam and back was amazing, even in economy! Take a look to see who we are featuring each month.
SZECHENYI THERMAL BATH, BUDAPEST
Szechenyi Thermal Spa is the epitome of historic health in Budapest. This is where guests will experience an authentic thermal spa encounter. Highlights include mineral baths, large treatment rooms and unique treatment menu. An historic blissful experience to savor in Hungary. Story in Spa Baby Secret section.
Pray for peace - pray for all the people who were hurt and lost their lives in tradegies around the world. Pray for those leading our Country and all the men and women in our armed forces fighting in foreign lands!
Happy Birthday to my daughter Mary (July 12), my darling grandson Leo (July 15), my Knight Jerome (July 13), and my adorable GG Nolan (July 2) . . . you are all loved so much!
Bonnie Carroll, Publisher/Editor
4th of July Healthy Egg-cellent Breakfast Quesadilla courtesy of Pritikin Longevity Center
- 1 cup diced assorted vegetables (the more colors the better!)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole-wheat, low-sodium lavash thin bread
- 3 Tablespoons shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo (no salt added) or no-salt-added salsa (such as Enricos brand)
- In a medium nonstick skillet, saute vegetables until beginning to brown. Add egg whites and scramble. Season with black pepper.
- On a warm griddle or flat-top grill, place lavash thin bread and let the side facing the heat get hot.
- Turn the bread over on the griddle or grill, and sprinkle the cheese on top side.
- On half of the top side, spread the vegetable scramble and cilantro.
- When the cheese begins to melt, fold the thin bread in half to cover the vegetables. Press firmly, using a tool like a large firm spatula or bottom of a pan. Flip on the other side, grill for about 2 minutes, and press.
- Remove from heat. Cut quesadilla into four pieces. Serve two pieces per person with fat-free sour cream and salsa on the side.
Summer Cocktails from the Blaue Bar - Hotel Sacher - Vienna
Sips has some refreshing cocktail ideas from the most beautiful bar in the world; Blaue Bar, Hotel Sacher, Vienna Austria. Look for story in August SIPS section.
Dream Oddessey Cocktail
Stoli Manzana Verde, Peach mash & Orange Juice 12E
LIFE BITES NEWS . . . Who We Are
LBN Staff 2017
Bonnie Carroll, Publisher/Editor
Rosalie Frances, Contributor, tolifebites.com
Mary Hilton, Content Contributor/Marketing Director
Cody Hilton, Teen Times Columnist
Natasha Melikoff, Montreal Canada Reporter
Mike OConnell, Photo/Video Director/Contributor
Isabella D'Angelo, Rome Correspondent
Additional contributing writers are included on an individual issue basis. Please contact the editor with questions regarding journalist assignments. Email: email@example.com
2115 De La Vina Street, Ste 31
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Email contact preferred please