PALM SPRNGS AREA SPA RETREATS
Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa Spa Las Palmas
Conveniently close to Palm Springs proper, Rancho Las Palmas Resort is the perfect hotel for families and couples who seek a carefree retreat nestled in the Southern California desert. The property’s centerpiece is Splashtopia, an incredible two-acre water feature with its own lazy river, slides, pool and beach. The property also boasts 27 holes of desert golf, a 25-court tennis center and four pools. The 20,000-square-foot spa with its soothing atmosphere, sanctuary pool, and numerous treatments is a luxurious desert oasis.
Hyatt Grand Champions Resort, Villas & Spa – Aqua Serena Spa
This full-service resort has something for everyone, including 530 guest rooms (including premium suites and private villas); seven heated outdoor swimming pools; three hard-surface tennis courts and a Callaway Golf Center and pro shop. At the stunning Aqua Serena Spa, tranquility surrounds you, enhanced by the gentle sound of flowing water. Private garden patios overlook the desert landscape adding a sense of inner peace. The desert air, alive with the sweet fragrance of citrus blossoms, refreshes the senses while the warm desert sun rejuvenates the spirit.
Renaissance Esmeralda – Spa Esmeralda
The four-star Renaissance Esemerelda offers all you need for a desert vacation, including three swimming pools, 36 holes of golf and a dedicated kids’ club. Spa Esmeralda is a 13,000 square-foot full-service spa that combines intimacy, serenity and wellness for guests. The spa features a variety of indoor and cabana treatment rooms, steam rooms and relaxation lounges, as well as a spa pool and plunge pool. Spa treatments include single and couples massages, body scrubs, wraps, facials, and more.
La Quinta Resort & Club, The Waldorf Astoria Collection – Spa La Quinta
This Spanish-style resort has been drawing privacy-seekers since the 1920s, when celebs like Greta Garbo, Bette Davis and Errol Flynn vacationed here. Serenity comes via 796 residential-style casitas and villas spread out in garden-like 45-acre setting, with multiple swimming pools, five golf courses and four restaurants. Spa La Quinta is a soothing sanctuary of wellness and discovery offering therapeutic treatments to awaken the senses using nature indigenous elements. Choose from a variety of advanced skin care treatments, innovative bodywork techniques or simply a massage.
Riviera Resort & Spa – Spa Terre
A Palm Springs landmark, the Riveira underwent a complete redo in 2008, emerging to reclaim its status as of of Palm Spring’s most stylish escapes. Located within the grand property of the Riviera Resort & Spa, SpaTerre surpasses your wildest imagination. Take part in exotic treatments and rituals, enjoy an incredible session in the dedictaed Watsu pool, or just relax in one of their private steam rooms or lounges. The professional staff will pamper and cater to your every need.
Take advantage of the Moroccan-inspired Spa Moulay at the "lavish" Loews Lake Las Vegas (Fodor's) and enjoy a 50-minute Swedish massage, 50-minute spa pedicure and a full-day cabana rental. This rest and relaxation package costs $129, regularly $285.
After the gentle kneading and pressure of the Swedish massage and the cleansing and exfoliation of the spa pedicure -- which includes a foot masque -- proceed to your private upper-level cabana, where you can enjoy complimentary fruit and FIJI water plus the comfort of your own couch, flat-screen TV and misters to keep cool.
This day package also includes access to the spa facilities including the eucalyptus sauna, both pools and the jacuzzi.
The Spa Moulay at The Loews Lake Las Vegas
101 Montelago Blvd.
Las Vegas, California 89011
Dreams Resorts & Spas’ Mother/Daughter Getaway package for inclusion in a Mother’s Day roundup. Ideal for mothers and daughters looking to get away for some much needed R&R at a great value, the package features special extras to pamper both as they spend an unforgettable day at one of Dreams’ over 10 tropical destinations, and is a great add-on to the resort’s already vast selection of Unlimited Luxuries. Mothers and daughters who book this package will each enjoy:
· A manicure and pedicure
· A 25-minute massage
- Access to wet areas of the spa throughout their stay
- 20% off additional spa treatments
- In-room champagne upon arrival
*Rates start at $272/night based on double occupancy (accommodations, F&B, taxes and tips are included). The Mother/Daughter Getaway package is offered as an add-on of $120 per person. Package available for new reservations made through May 6, 2011 for travel between May 1, 2011 and May 28, 2011.
JUST SAY AHH! AT CORONADO'S SPAS
March 24, 2011 - Tracing its nurturing roots back to 1886 when visionary investors dreamed of a sumptuous seaside sanctuary that would be the "talk of the western world," Coronado was created for rejuvenation and indulgence. Cradled between the calm waters of San Diego Bay and the refreshing seascape of the Pacific Ocean, this little slice of paradise is the perfect backdrop for rekindling the soul and pampering the body.
Today, the enchanted "island" of Coronado is home to three luxurious resort spas and several day spas, specializing in relaxing, invigorating and imaginative treatments.
- The historic Hotel del Coronado, located on the Pacific Ocean, was considered the premier vacation and health destination when it opened in 1888. Victorians were drawn to the therapeutic qualities of the sea-swept breezes and beautiful, soul-satisfying aesthetics of its spectacular setting, and the Del still has the power today to restore the mind, body and spirit.
The Spa at The Del, featuring a décor of calming tones with Victorian accents, was named "one of the top 20 hotel spas in the world" by Travel + Leisure Magazine (2008). This spacious sanctuary features 21 treatment rooms, hydrotherapy tubs, steam rooms and a spectacular private beachfront terrace with vanishing edge pool.
The spa's signature line of ocean-inspired treatments includes the Shell Coronado Massage, Shell Coronado Facial, Island Sands Body Polish and Goddess of the Sea Body Wrap. New offerings include a "That's S'more" package, featuring a couples massage, followed by a private bonfire with s'mores and champagne on the beach; a "Get Lifted" facial using NuFace microcurrents to provide instant toning, and the "Celebration of Life" treatment, benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure, San Diego, which helps boost circulation and release toxins from the lymphatic system.
Also available are yoga and meditation classes on the beach and the Yamaguchi Salon where celebrity hair stylist Billy Yamaguchi integrates the ancient philosophies of Feng Shui into modern hairdressing techniques. www.hoteldel.com/spa.aspx
- Sea Spa at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort, located on San Diego Bay, is an ocean-inspired retreat reflective of the resort's picturesque waterfront setting. Fifteen luxurious treatment areas include a couple's suite, four private outdoor rooms, a Vichy rain shower and authentic Watsu pool.
Sea Spa offers a bounty of blissful services like seaweed wraps, sea-salt scrubs, massage therapy and specialized services for men, teens and couples. Signature treatments include the "Wisdom of the Waves," featuring a relaxing Lomi-Lomi style of Hawaiian massage, nourishing body scrub, body wrap, floral facial and scalp massage; the "Voga Voyage" couple's massage performed aboard a Venetian gondola gliding through the canals of the Coronado Cays, followed by champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries, and the "Watsu Flotation," a shiatsu massage performed in water.
Additional amenities include a full-service Aveda beauty salon, exercise and art classes, sauna and steam rooms, fitness center, tranquil relaxation lounge, Jacuzzi and lush spa garden. www.loewshotels.com/coronadobay
- Spa Coronado at the Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa is a sanctuary of calm on San Diego Bay, featuring six elegantly appointed spa treatment rooms, a heated 75-foot lap pool, men's and women's dry saunas and fitness center.
Guests can reenergize and renew with a variety of pampering massages, facials, body scrubs and therapies. Signature treatments include a Hot Stone Therapy Massage, Sea Side Salt Scrub, Papaya Soufflé Body Wrap, Island Detox Mud Wrap and Saving Face Hydrating Facial, plus specialized services like an in-room couples massage and Gentlemen's Facial.
Special spa packages include a "Day at the Beach," featuring a choice of body scrub or body wrap, Coronado Custom Massage, Coronado Custom Facial and Ultimate Pedicure, followed by lunch at the spa, and the "Relaxation by the Bay," featuring a Coronado Custom Massage and Facial. www.coronadoresortmarriott.com
- Coronado Bliss - An Aveda Lifestyle Salon & Spa, located at 930 Orange Ave., offers customized facials like the Elemental Nature Facial, Botanical Skin Resurfacing Facial and Green Science Skin Renewing Facial, and beauty treatments like manicures, pedicures, waxing and make-up application. www.coronadobliss.com
- Coronado Beauty Salon & Spa, located at 1010 C St., offers reflexology and many varieties of massages like deep tissue and Swedish, seven specialized facials, including purifying, calming and one for teens, and beauty treatments like waxing and make-up application. www.coronadobeautysalon.com
- Domani Salon of Beauty and Wellness, located at 1010 Park Pl., is the largest salon in Coronado, featuring skin and body care, manicures and pedicures. www.domanisaloncoronado.com
- Mariann's Salon of Beauty, located at 1330 Orange Ave., Suite 240, offers facials, massages, skin treatments, chemical peels, waxing, laser skin rejuvenation, permanent cosmetics and more in a serene setting. www.MariannsSkinCare.com
- Orchid Day Spa, located at 1033 B Ave., Suite 104, offers a menu of massages, including deep tissue, Swedish and shiatsu, along with oatmeal mask facials, orchid body scrubs and a foot reflexology spa. Its VIP Package includes a body massage, orchid body scrub, table shower and body shampoo. www.orchiddayspacoronado.com
- Spa Nicos, located at 801 Orange Ave., Suite 206, offers a variety of spa services, including massage therapy, facials, diamond tip microdermabration and waxing. www.spanicos.com
- La Petite Comfort Day Spa, located at 1309 Ynez Pl., offers facials, massages and make-up application.
- Sanctuary Salon & Spa, located at 874 Orange Ave., offers massages and skin care.
Happy happens in Coronado. For more information on Coronado and San Diego's offerings, including exciting vacation packages and valuable coupons for attractions, restaurants and more, visit the San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau's Web site, www.sandiego.org and www.sandiego.org/coronado or call (619) 236-1212. In San Diego, visit the International Visitor Information Center, located along the Embarcadero at the corner of West Broadway and Harbor Drive in downtown; the La Jolla Visitor Center, located at the corner of Herschel Ave. and Prospect Street in La Jolla; or the California Welcome Center, located at the Viejas Outlet Center in Alpine.