The countdown is on for the year’s most highly anticipated opening as Four Seasons puts the final touches of perfection on its first location in Korea: the future of luxury hospitality as embodied in the all-new Four Seasons Hotel Seoul.
With the promise of exceptional accommodations, an incredible collection of restaurants and late-night bars, an expansive fitness and spa complex and outstanding settings for events, Four Seasons Hotel Seoul has created a new benchmark in global style, sophistication and service.
“More than simply a place to sleep, Four Seasons is where people come together to eat, drink and mingle; to celebrate and to close the deal; to relax and to be inspired,” says General Manager Lubosh Barta, who leads a team of more than 600 hand-picked staff who can’t wait to welcome their first guests.
Designed by Heerim Architects & Planners and LTW Designworks, the Hotel boasts seven restaurants and bars, each with its own character as conceived by several of today’s cutting-edge creative minds, including AvroKO and Hong Kong-based André Fu. Throughout, an expertly curated art collection features contemporary pieces by local, regional and international artists displayed in spaces that can best be described as a modern reflection of Korean tradition.
Now accepting reservations for arrivals beginning October 15, 2015: In celebration of its opening this fall, Four Seasons Hotel Seoul is extending a special Opening Offer, as well as the brand’s popular Bed and Breakfast package.
Details: Introducing Four Seasons Hotel Seoul
With its ideal location in the Central Business District offering easy access to major business and diplomatic addresses as well as historic sites, shopping and trendy neighbourhoods, the Hotel is a new beacon of hospitality: for the first time in Korea, signature Four Seasons service in a stunning, all-new building.
In 317 light-filled rooms and suites, guests will find spacious, beautifully appointed accommodations that create a private sanctuary for rest and relaxation. Every room features the new, fully customisable Four Seasons Bed, and Four Seasons services, including twice daily housekeeping and round-the-clock in-room dining, leave guests feeling pampered and refreshed. Each room also functions as a highly efficient and comfortable place to conduct business, with high tech amenities including complimentary internet service.
International travellers will appreciate the 24/7 business services, an Executive Club lounge and the well-connected, multi-lingual concierge team.
A Collection of 7 Unique Restaurants and Bars, All at One Address
Coinciding with the opening of the Hotel, Four Seasons will introduce seven new dining and entertaining venues, including four restaurants and three bars, plus two speciality food shops for those on the go.
“Each of these restaurants and bars is a destination unto itself, with one-of-a-kind concepts that are stylish yet unpretentious, and a common thread in our passion for quality and world-renowned Four Seasons service,” says Director of Food and Beverage Vinod Narayan. Leading the international team of culinary talent is Executive Chef Ralf Dohmeier.
- Boccalino – An Italian restaurant inspired by the pace-setting fashion and design culture of mid-century Milan, Boccalino will offer contemporary dishes with gourmet pizzas and steaks a speciality in a high-style dining experience.
- Yu Yuan – A glamorous new restaurant with a Shanghai-inspired vibe features a showpiece Peking duck oven, an extensive tea bar and eight opulent chambers for private dining and entertaining.
- Kioku – This sky-lit, three story temple of Japanese culinary precision turns a meal into a memorable night out with friends, family or colleagues, with counter seating as well as private and semi-private spaces.
- The Market Kitchen – Reminiscent of a European market hall, The Market Kitchen is where guests will discover the world’s culinary ideas in a series of live cooking stations and gourmet spreads. Want to take it with you? Stop by The Market Larder for grocery items, gift hampers and quick meals.
- Bar Boccalino – Adjacent to its namesake restaurant, Bar Boccalino invites spirited gatherings in a light-filled space featuring bar seating, tables and cosy sunken booths in which to enjoy seasonal menu choices to accompany a tempting list of Italian and international wines, spirits and aperitivo.
- Charles H. – A new destination for the city’s – and the world’s – cocktail connoisseurs is inspired by legendary drinks authority and bon vivant Charles H. Baker. Think Prohibition-era New York speakeasy with a twist of Korean energy and style.
- Maru – Four Seasons welcomes guests to its very own “living room” with windows onto the street scene, offering an all-day menu of classic lounge fare, with a can’t miss afternoon tea service daily.
For those craving a little something sweet, the Hotel’s Executive Pastry Chef Reinhard Lackner will showcase his creativity at Confections by Four Seasons, a coffee and pastry shop located next to Maru.
Four Seasons Club Seoul
Sprawling across three floors and 5,800 square metres (64,430 square feet), Four Seasons Club Seoul is an enclave of health, fitness and socialising for the exclusive use of a very limited membership, and guests of Four Seasons Hotel Seoul.
Facilities are extensive: 765 square metre (8,235 square foot) gym and studios for Pilates and other classes; dedicated room for those exercising with one of the Club’s personal trainers; juice bar offering both healthy refreshments and more indulgent treats with plenty of seating to enjoy cocktails with friends; members’ lounge; three pools including a lap pool and vitality pool, plus a children’s pool; and indoor golf experience with driving range. A modern Korean sauna will include several bathing areas and zones for quiet relaxation.
An intimate spa, including a couple’s spa suite, will offer both locally-inspired treatments and the latest international therapies, as well as an area for foot massage, nail bar and retail shop. The spa menu will feature an array of specialised skin care treatments using products such as Fedora, a top quality Korean line, as well as Biologique Recherche from France.
Meet Me at Four Seasons: Flawless Meetings and Special Events
When flawless is the goal, Four Seasons is the choice for hosting the most distinguished business meetings and social events. Easily accommodating parties from 10 to 500, the Hotel’s two ballrooms and seven event spaces – in addition to 25 private rooms in its restaurants and bars – offer a choice of settings and styles. State-of-the-art facilities, along with a team of expert staff who attend to every detail, ensure that attendees are free to focus on the business at hand – or to enjoy the party.
In addition to a selection of packages, Four Seasons presents its signature personalised service to couples and their families who wish to create a one-of-a-kind, fully customised wedding. With five beautiful spaces to choose from as well as a traditional Korean pyebaek room, brides and grooms can create a tailored event with the assistance of expert Four Seasons wedding specialists.
Event hosts will also have access to the Hotel’s florist, celebrated Tokyo-based floral designer Nicolai Bergmann, who will open his first shop in Korea within Four Seasons Hotel Seoul.
With its bright lights and big city vibe, its graceful palaces and its fiery cuisine, Seoul is one of Asia’s most magnetic cities. Having played second fiddle to its larger, more famous cousins in years past, Seoul is now emerging as one of the region’s most exciting, innovative and creative powerhouses. Famous for being at the leading edge of technology, fashion, design and pop culture, Seoul manages to retain pockets of history, peaceful temples, and nature right in the heart of the city.